Friday, May 18, 2012

"If You Think You Can Or If You Think You Can Not, You Are Right!"

Very wise quote by Henry Ford. It made me think, many times... And every time I agreed to it, strongly.

I had a full body bone scan yesterday. Results reviewed by my Doctor today. The results were 'kind of' neutral. I say neutral, because they weren't really much worse than a year ago, which in the 'advanced cancer terms' means good.
Well, bad news is, that even after chemo, there still are 30+ tumors showing in the bones pretty much all over my body: scull, neck, one of the shoulders, all over ribs, lower spine, mid spine, upper spine, both hips, pelvis, down both legs.... yes, all over.
However, they are not new. They have been there for well over a year, they haven't grown and many of them are possibly shrinking.

The above news can easily be taken with a huge disappointment and negativity. I could easily make myself feel sad, angry, scared, doubtful, full of 'what ifs' etc. And possibly make myself spiral into the darkness and depression.
But I choose not to.
I take the news as positive. Very much so.
There is no talk about my organs being affected, which is great. No talk about being worse, or that chemotherapy is not working, or that there are no more treatments left etc.
My pain level is much better than a month ago, which is fantastic. I am reducing the painkillers again, yay! I feel quite well, energetic. Physically much better than 6 months ago, much stronger, too. Mentally, I am filled with clarity on what to do next. Spiritually, I am content and with deeply seeded trust and belief that all is unfolding perfectly.

It is all in the mind, isn't it? We make choices every single moment of our life. We are blessed with being absolutely free to decide on pretty much everything: what we eat,  what we wear, what we say, what we think, how we feel... Every moment of every single day. It is completely up to us. And it is all in our head (or wherever the mind might be hidden...). Our mind is such an amazingly powerful tool.

A negative outlook vs a positive outlook. Both extremely powerful. So different, complete opposites, but yet both 100% right. Can you see that?

How about you? Which outlook do you decide to follow?

3 comments:

  1. Tina, I totally agree with you. And I'm so proud of you for stayin' that positive. And yes it is a good news that the tumors aren't getting any bigger and that you are feeling better. Those are all good signs!!! Can't wait to see you in 6 months. Take care<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Ales, jaz tudi komaj cakam da se vidimo :) sem se ze odlocila da bova z Olivijo prvih par dni pri vas! X

      Delete
  2. I finally got to read this blog and yes well done! It is about your perception and reaction 100 per cent and as always you have reacted positively and calmly and as always you are ever-inspiring my love! xxxx

    ReplyDelete